Post Esthetics Treatment
- Botox takes as much as 2 weeks for optimal results. PDO threads takes up to 3 months to have optimal results.
- Bruising and swelling is normal and expected – if bruising is visible you can start taking oral arnica and apply topical arnica cream or gel. Apply ice pack as needed to minimize swelling within the first 48 hours of procedure.
- Asymmetry and irregularity of the tissues treated is common and should resolve.
- Pain at the injection sites is normal – this may last several days or even a week after treatment. You may occasionally also feel a stinging sensation as the solid filler threads settle in, this is normal.
What you need to do:
- If you see any irregularity or puckering of the skin of the treated areas, you may gently massage those areas by gently massaging in circular motions. You may repeat this 3 to 5 times a day.
- If any of the threads are exposed or start to extrude, you can either gently pull on the thread to try to remove it or you may use fine scissors to trim the suture at the skin. If you are uncomfortable performing either of these maneuvers, please contact your treatment provider to have this performed in the office. Always notify your clinician if this occurs regardless of when you are able to return to the office or not.
- Avoid exercise for 24 hours.
When to call:
- If you experience increased redness, swelling, or pain at an area.
- If one or more of the threads begin to extrude and you are unable or unwilling to remove the thread.
- If you have any questions or concerns regarding your treatment.